Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Toy Want


Think users of AR15 carbines, whether law enforcement or civilian owners, have a dilemma in deciding on accessories. The AR15 carbine’s greatest appeal is that it is light and handy. Adding too many accessories can make the same carbine heavy and unwieldy. Often, in fact, the AR15 becomes heavier than many .308 carbines. I am somewhat conservative about adding accessories to my AR15s. However, there are certain ones I do consider highly useful.

I find the standard AR15 carbine telescoping stock adequate, but I prefer a stock upgrade. I also like accessory rails to give me the option of adding a compact yet effective light. Finally, I like an optical sight. These accessories will add weight, but they also add a great deal of versatility to the carbine especially in CQC (Close Quarters Combat) usage. With care, one can still keep overall weight of the carbine manageable.

Via Tactical-Life

No comments:

Post a Comment